This article refers to trips taking place in France. For trips outside of France the precautions will vary, so please contact us for specific details on trips outside of France.
- It is compulsory to wear a mask on public transport and within collective spaces for adults and minors over 11 years old. This includes inside the UCPA centre. For example, it is compulsory to wear a mask when entering a bar or restaurant, but once you are seated you can remove it.
- It is not permitted to enter any room other than your own. This is not common anyway, but it will be reinforced.
- The cleaning team will step up routines to include door handles, taps, showers and other contact points throughout the centre on a more regular basis.
- Capacity at the centres is reduced to allow for some self isolation rooms in the instance of positive or suspected cases at the centre.
- Capacity within the bars and restaurants will be reduced. Dining periods will be extended to allow for this.
- Bedrooms will remain the same with capacity reduced where and when possible.
- UCPA are following the guidance from the Ministry of Sport and adapting all activities to keep in line with the official advice. The instructors and guides have all been informed on the practices to follow for their activities.
- Evening entertainment will be adapted to limit groups.
- Signs and other measures put in place to distribute guests in the most efficient way possible.
- Increased periods to reduce total occupancy of the dining area at any one time.
- Extra hand washing facilities as well as signs to remind guests.
- One way systems throughout the dining areas.
- Each person must have their own water bottle. Jugs and glasses on tables will not be used.
- Tables must be cleared by guests, but will then be disinfected by staff.
Potential Covid Cases - Scenarios
Following guidelines as laid out by the French Ministry of Health and Ministry of Sport.
- Potential contact with someone Covid positive before arrival: welcome to come to the centre if the contact dates back more than 7 days before arrival or negative test 7 days after contact.
- Customer presents Covid symptoms before arrival: welcome to come if self-isolated for at least 7 days since onset of symptoms, no longer showing signs of symptoms and has no fever at least 48 hours before arrival, strictly wears a mask and follows guidelines in the centre.
- Customer tests positive before arrival: welcome to come if self-isolated for at least 7 days since onset of symptoms, no longer showing signs of symptoms and has no fever at least 48 hours before arrival, strictly wears a mask and follows guidelines in the centre.
- Customer shows symptoms whilst at the centre: the centre manager immediately isolates the customer, consults with a doctor and UCPA doctor, in the event of worsening of symptoms (e.g. breathing difficulty) SAMU (15) is called.
- Customer tests positive on site: the centre manager immediately isolates the person and contacts the Regional Health Agency to follow procedure.
- Signs around the centres to remind customers to wash their hands and to be considerate towards each other's personal space. This has been carefully curated to not make an overly stressful environment, whilst also reassuring guests that measures have been put in place and are being adhered to.